Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Easiest Pasta Ever

Pasta...so delicious.. Pasta is really one of my favorite types of food. If I had my way, it would probably have it's own section on the food pyramid. I love all kinds of pasta...light, creamy, saucy, with meat, with veggies, long, short, shell-, wheel-, spiral-shaped, wheat, made from potato, filled..you name it, I probably like it. Anyway this is one of the easiest pastas ever. It takes very little time to make and keep be adapted in any way. Lots of Italian restaurants serve it under the name Aglio e olio and it is worth trying. We never had a recipe for this because it is so simple to make, but I came across this one from YumSugar and I liked the ratios it suggested. So if you are looking for a light, quick pasta dish, you should try this one.

Time: However long it takes you to boil pasta + 2 minutes max
Yield: 2-4, depending on how gluttonous you feel

Ingredients
7 ounces of your favorite pasta, typically spaghetti or other long noodle is used
2-3 garlic cloves, minced (or more if you are like me)
1 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes (vary this depending on the heat you like)
1/4 - 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
3/4 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp pepper

Boil your pasta according to directions. I'm going to assume you can read the directions on the box because you are reading this...please don't prove me wrong.


When it's done, drain your pasta and dump it into a big bowl...or the same pot you boiled it in if you are lazy like me.
Dump the garlic, crushed red pepper, olive oil, salt, and pepper on top of the pasta. I know you can handle this...


Now toss it all!


Taste it and adjust seasonings if you would like. That's it! I told you it was easy. Now you can dress it up however you would like. I typically toss cooked chicken in with it to up the nutrition. Cook and season it however you want. Or add shrimp or sausage, or whatever floats your boat. I also love roasted red pepper on this. This pasta just provides a great base for whatever you are wanting. Make it!

Topped with baked chicken, roasted red pepper, and parmesan cheese and served with sauteed zucchini...yum!
Original post at http://www.yumsugar.com/Spaghetti-Garlic-Olive-Oil-Chili-Flakes-21398824

No comments:

Post a Comment