Monday, January 2, 2012

The Best Pumpkin Nutella Bread

I went through a pumpkin phase in the fall where I loved baking with fresh pumpkin. In my quest for various recipes, I came across this one from Two Peas & Their Pod. This bread has the right amount of pumpkin taste swirled with the decadent flavor of Nutella. If you know me, you know I love Nutella. I love it in baked good, I love it on pancakes, crepes, etc, I love dipping things in it (graham crackers, animal crackers). If you don't know what Nutella is, it is a delicious combination of hazelnut and chocolate and can now be found in most grocery stores. I would recommend trying it if you like nuts and chocolate. It doesn't matter how you try it, just do it!

The first time I made this bread I took one loaf to school (I teach Spanish kindergarten at a public school) and LSH took a loaf to his study group. Both loaves disappeared quickly and received raving reviews. LSH even liked it and he is not a pumpkin fan! If you love pumpkin and Nutella, you must try this bread! Again, there are no pictures yet because my camera is still on the fritz. Hopefully that will be resolved soon.

Ingredients
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 Tbsp cinnamon
1 1/2 tsp nutmeg
1 1/2 cups sugar
1/2 cup vegetable oil (could try substituting apple sauce, I haven't done it yet but plan to.)
1/3 cup water
1 cup pumpkin (fresh or canned, just not pumpkin pie filling)
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
8 Tbsp Nutella (2 Tbsp for each mini loaf)

Preheat the oven to 350 F and grease 4 mini loaf pans.

In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. In a large bowl, mix together the sugar, oil, water, pumpkin, eggs, and vanilla. Whisk ingredients until smooth. When smooth, slowly stir in the flour combination and mix until all ingredients are combined.

 Evenly divide the batter among the 4 greased mini pans. Heat the 8 Tbsp Nutella just enough so that it is thinned out, it shouldn't take too long. Once it is thinned, drop 2 Tbsp of the delicious spread into each mini pan and make beautiful swirls in the batter with a knife. You can do this step without heating the Nutella, but I found it difficult due to thickness and the Nutella stayed in huge globs in the bread. Not that I'm complaining, but I thought the bread might be improved if there was a more even distribution of deliciousness. Finally, put the mini pans on a baking sheet and put them in the oven. Bake the breads for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.

Take them out and put them on a cooling rack. I am horribly impatient when it comes to freshly baked goods, but you must let these cool before taking them out of the pans or else they will be a horrible mess. I did not wait until they were cool the first time I made them and I had a mess on my hands. It was a delicious mess, but I was hoping for something a little prettier. So let them rest for about 15 minutes and then gently remove them from the pans. The creator of this recipe recommends letting them cool completely before slicing, but if you are like me, you are going to slice it before it is cool. Warm sweet bread is too tempting! The bread is also amazing once cooled. Enjoy!

Original post: http://www.twopeasandtheirpod.com/pumpkin-nutella-bread/

No comments:

Post a Comment