Monday, January 16, 2012

Gooey Chocolate Cookies and Cream Bars

I haven't baked in a long time so I have taken advantage of this long weekend to bake three different things! Two things I have made before, but this recipe is a new one. LSH and I were invited to a friend's house for dinner and he volunteered me to bring dessert. I love excuses to try new sweets! I decided to try Gooey Cookies and Cream Double Chocolate Cake Bars from Picky Palate. I have made a few things from this blog and they have all been good. I can't take credit for any of this recipe because I did not alter anything. It's delicious just as it is.

Time: 40 minutes
Ingredients
1 Devils Food Cake mix
1 stick of butter, softened
1 large egg
14 Oreos, broken into pieces 
1 14oz can sweetened condensed milk
1 1/2 cups chocolate chips


Preheat the oven to 350 and line a 9x13 pan with aluminum foil. Grease the bottom and edges of the foil really well. If you don't, the bars will never want to leave the foil.

Mix cake mix, stick of butter, and egg in a large bowl. You can use a spatula or spoon if you want, but it really is easier to use your hands. It's great stress relief and it feels cool.


Once it is mixed up, press the dough into the prepared pan. Again, you can use a spoon but hands work best.

Sprinkle the broken Oreos on evenly top of the prepared batter. Next open up the can of condensed milk and pour it over everything. This ingredient is what brings all this together for me. It gives the bars a caramel taste on top of the cookies and cream and chocolate. It's amazing.

Finally, sprinkle chocolate chips over everything.

Put it in the oven and let it bake for about 25 minutes or until the base is done. Now comes the tricky part...you must let it cool! If you absolutely can't wait, I suggest a spoon or else it will just fall apart. When it is cool you can carefully lift the foil out of of the pan. Carefully peel the foil away and cut bars into whatever size you want. Now try not to eat the whole pan!



Original post at http://picky-palate.com/2011/07/05/gooey-cookies-and-cream-double-chocolate-cake-bars/

No comments:

Post a Comment